Lough Allen Sailing Club Offer: Discover Sailing at Lough AllenIn the scenic heart of Drumshanbo,…
Summer Residential Music & Language Programme
The Drumshanbo School of Music provides an unparalleled glimpse into authentic Irish culture, offering unique courses you won’t find elsewhere.
Located in the beautiful village of Drumshanbo, only 10 km north of Carrick on Shannon, our school offers a special opportunity to immerse yourself in the heart of Irish rural traditions through music, dance, and language in a truly authentic setting.
At our school, students immerse themselves fully in Irish culture and language. They stay in hostel accommodations, engage in the daily routines, and savor traditional dishes. Their experience is enriched by vibrant local music, educational excursions, and visits to nearby villages, with instruction from local experts employing traditional teaching methods, notably learning music by ear.
As a residential summer school in Northwest Ireland, we welcome Irish music enthusiasts from both Ireland and abroad to dive deep into Ireland’s rich musical traditions. Our program is carefully crafted to include workshops, lectures, demonstrations, and a variety of cultural activities and excursions, ensuring a thorough and engaging experience.
The Drumshanbo School of Music places students at the heart of everything we do. From the moment you arrive, our goal is to make your time in Leitrim enriching and enjoyable, providing a supportive atmosphere to enhance your language skills and deepen your appreciation of Irish music, culture, and heritage.
Come to Northwest Ireland to learn English and music with us! We have a full schedule of workshops, activities, tours, and excursions every morning and afternoon, including evening and afternoon outings like Irish music and dancing, theater visits, and excursions to castles, museums, and art galleries.
Positioned beside Lough Allen in Drumshanbo, County Leitrim, the Lough Allen Education Centre is ideally suited for a range of group activities. This lakeside spot is perfect for water sports, complemented by easy access to a variety of onshore activities.
Activities at the Centre include:
- A variety of water sports thanks to our lakeside location
- Opportunities for Hill Walking, Sailing, Canoeing, Pike Angling, Surf Boarding, Eco Walks, and Kayaking on Lough Allen
- Weekend kayaking packages for schools, youth groups, and families, among others. For more details, contact us.
We also offer:
- Instruction in coarse angling, sailing, canoeing, and kayaking, with all necessary equipment provided. Bike hire and guided tours around Leitrim are available.
- Expert fishing advice and gear from our in-house angling expert for both seasoned and novice anglers.
- Horse riding and pony trekking at the nearby Moorlands Equestrian Centre, which also provides equestrian science qualifications.
- Orienteering challenges on Sliabh na Iarainn.
- A spacious atrium with stunning views of Lough Allen, perfect for exhibitions, art classes, and retreats.
Whether you’re keen on adrenaline-pumping activities or the serene beauty of Lough Allen, our Centre offers something for everyone.
Terms and Conditions
We strive for fairness in all dealings with students and clients. Please familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions below before booking any courses, accommodations, or services. We’re here to clarify any questions or concerns.
Age Requirement: Students must be 18 years old to begin any course at our centre.
Class Size: Classes are capped at 12 students to ensure quality learning.
Payment: Fees must be paid upfront and are non-refundable.
Bank Fees: Students bear any bank charges for payments made via bank transfer. A transfer receipt must be submitted.
What’s Included: Tuition fees cover classes, placement tests, internet access, a welcome pack, and a course certificate, but not flights, exam fees, travel insurance, or bank charges.
Refund Policy: Fees are non-refundable after the start of the course.
- Cancelling 30+ days before arrival incurs a fee equal to the booking deposit.
- Cancelling less than 21 days before arrival incurs a 50% course cost fee.
- Cancelling less than 14 days before arrival incurs a 75% course cost fee.
- Fees are non-refundable after the course begins.
Illness or Exceptional Circumstances: With a medical certificate, students can request to postpone their course.
Attendance: Daily attendance is tracked. Visa report requests must be made at least seven days in advance.
Public Holidays: Classes run as scheduled on public holidays.
Accommodation: Based on a 7-night stay, with extra nights available for an additional fee. The minimum stay is one week.
Date Changes: Course dates cannot normally be changed after the start.
Dispute Resolution: We aim to resolve disputes fairly and ethically, with the school as the first point of contact.
Student Conduct: Students must follow school rules. Breaches may lead to expulsion, with costs borne by the student’s family.